Monday, October 11, 2010

October Fate

My younger sister and I have almost the same fate when it comes to relationship - failure. Should I say a failed relationship?

I was once married - technically per se' since I was committed with a married man. I was too young to know that if a man chooses not to live with her legal wife anymore, and his wife chooses to live with another guy, their marriage is null and void. They are still married unless there's a formal court decision.

I married this guy, knowing that her previous marriage will be automatically nulled and voided after 10 years of being physically separated. Our anniversary date was October 5. I left my husband October 8.

My sister was married October 5, too - just to be the same with their anniversary when they were still boyfriends. Her husband left her October 10.

I have no idea how fate brought us a failed October, but I am thinking positively.

It's really hard to cope up when it still hurts, when you cannot think of anything you did wrong but to quit working in the office, choose to stay at home raising your baby while your husband is working overseas.

It's very timely when I woke up with a text message that came from my friend, Mabsi:
"All relationship have one law: NEVER make one you love feel alone especially when you're there"
Very true. We often didn't care at all even if when our partners show their care, their sweetness and thoughtfulness. We think that we will never lose them in the first place. We show them angst, hatred and attitude.

They complain. You complain most of the time, too. But you never listen.

When they lose patience and called a breakup, that's when you run after them. It's childish if you will still act like boyfriends and girlfriends do when you're already married.

It's not an easy breakup to escape your married life. Your husband fails most of the time. Talk to him. You are giving him a hard time with your attitude. Make some adjustment. Compromise.

It's easy to lose someone if you fell out of love. You cannot mend a broken relationship for the sake of your kids.

I used to think about that too. I want a big happy family. I couldn't give that to Amber anymore. But I can make my daughter feel that her dad and her mom consider her as their most important person in the world.

It really broke my heart when I see my sister crying last night. I understand the feeling. I know it's not right to say, "Hey, move on!" because I know for a fact that she will encounter more sleepless nights, a cup, or even a pail of tears, but in time, that will make her a better person, like I do. She will realize soon, that a failed relationship is not at all "failed" relationship, thus it will make you a stronger person as long as you believe that fate is given when God said you can still handle it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails